The Connecticut Horse Show Association ("CHSA") is pleased to announce a new event for the benefit of CHSA members – The CHSA FINALS.
The CHSA Finals are to provide a year end showcase to encourage and promote interest in the beginner and intermediate classes and/or divisions for the members of CHSA.
The first (we hope of many) CHSA Finals will be held Sunday, September 9, 2007 in conjunction with Mystic Summer Festival, USEF "A" Rated Horse Show at the Mystic Valley Hunt Club, 645 Long Cove Road, Gales Ferry, CT 063335.
- To provide a year end showcase to encourage and promote interest in the beginner and intermediate classes and/or divisions for the members of CHSA.
- To promote CHSA and the benefits of membership
- To increase participation at CHSA approved horse shows
- TO benefit CHSA Scholarship Fund with any surplus funds.
- Only active CHSA members with current 2007 membership are eligible to participate in the CHSA Finals.
- Eligible Divisions based on CHSA Year End Award Divisions
- Exempt Divisions based on CHSA Year End Award Divisions
- Top 20 riders/horses in eligible CHSA Year End Award Divisions qualify and are invited to the CHSA Finals.
- To be eligible each CHSA Year End Division must have a minimum of 10 riders/horses with each having more than 25 points by the qualifying deadline which is Sunday, August 12, 2007.
- For example: In the Pre-Children’s Hunter Division, once 10 horses have 25 points or more, that division qualifies for the CHSA Finals. At the end of the day on Sunday, August 12, 2007 (The last date to qualify), the Top 20 horses with more than 25 points will be invited to the CHSA Finals. If there are only 12 horses with 25 points or more then only 12 will be invited.
- Classes will be judged on an open numerical system by two registered USEF judges.
- Prizes awarded to the top 8 in each class.
- The CHSA Finals are held at the Mystic Summer Festival which is a United States Equestrian Federation ("USEF") "A" rated competition. Therefore, it is necessary to comply with all USEF Equestrian Rules, including Drug Testing and Membership. Any horse entered in the 2007 CHSA Finals must still pay the USEF Drug Fee of $12. If you are not a member of USEF, then you must pay the USEF Non Member fee of $20. If you are not a member of United States Hunter Jumper Association ("USHJA"), then you must pay the USHJA Non Member fee of $20. Click here for information on becoming a member of USEF and USHJA. (You can join on line)
Dates to Remember
- Sunday, August 12, 2007 – Last date to qualify for CHSA Finals. Last show is at Mystic Valley Hunt Club
- Monday, August 27, 2007 – Qualified Finals Riders/Horses announced in CHSA Finals web site and sent email invitations.
- Friday, September 7, 2007 – Order of Go posted on CHSA Finals web site
- Sunday, September 9, 2007 – CHSA Finals Horse Show