After reviewing the 2013 CHSA Finals survey results and hearing from CHSA members and trainers, the CHSA Finals Committee has unanimously approved several changes to the rules and divisions for the 2014 CHSA Finals.
1. Children’s Hunter Horse, Children’s Hunter Pony and Amateur Adult/Children’s Jumper will be added as new Divisions eligible to qualify for the CHSA Finals. For these three new divisions, the 2014 CHSA Finals qualification period will start with the February 22, 2014 CHSA recognized horse shows and continue until the last CHSA recognized show on July 27, 2014. (Please see the rules and regulations below about Qualification and Eligibility)
2. The CHSA Finals is for Amateurs (in accordance with USEF Amateur Status Rules) and Juniors only, no Professionals will be allowed to enter and/or compete at the CHSA Finals.
3. The CHSA Board of Directors voted on January 14, 2014 to change all the pleasure classes to Divisions offering 3 classes, a Championship and Reserve including CHSA English Pleasure. Since CHSA English Pleasure will now be a Division at Recognized CHSA Shows with 3 classes and a Champion and Reserve, riders/horses will now need 25 points to qualify for CHSA English Pleasure, and must have a minimum of 10 riders/horses with each having more than 25 points by the qualifying deadline.
4. The 2014 CHSA Finals is planned to be held over 3 days from August 22 – 24, 2014 at Fox Crossing Equestrian in Morris, CT. Depending on the how many Divisions qualify and the number of qualified entries, the CHSA Finals Committee may decide to add a fourth day to the schedule which would be Thursday, August 21.
5. A Ticketed Warm-up will be held the afternoon prior to the start of the horse show. For the 3 day show as planned, that would be the afternoon of Wednesday, August 21. Professionals are allowed to ride in the Ticketed Warmup.
6. Prior to the start of each showing day, horses may be hand walked only in the show ring. Times will be posted prior to the show.
The CHSA Finals welcomes your comments and suggestions. Please send an email to email@example.com.
The CHSA Finals is for Amateurs (in accordance with USEF Amateur Status Rules) and Juniors only, no Professionals will be allowed to enter and/or compete at the CHSA Finals.
Riders qualify by accumulating points in CHSA Classes held at Recognized CHSA Shows during the qualifying period. The Qualifying Period for the 2014 CHSA Finals runs from August 1, 2013 to Sunday, July 27, 2014 (“Qualifying Period”). In determining the date of a competition, the day the show begins is used.
The Top 20 riders/horses in eligible CHSA Hunter and Pleasure Divisions qualify and are invited to the CHSA Finals. To be eligible, each CHSA Division must have a minimum of 10 riders/horses with each having accumulated more than 25 points during the Qualifying Period. See list of eligible CHSA Divisions.
For 2014, CHSA English Pleasure will now be a Division at Recognized CHSA Shows with 3 classes and a Champion and Reserve. Therefore riders/horses will need 25 points to qualify for CHSA English Pleasure, and must have a minimum of 10 riders/horses with each having more than 25 points by the qualifying deadline.
CHSA Medal Riders qualify by accumulating 12 or more points in CHSA Medal Classes held at Recognized Shows during the Qualifying Period. See CHSA Finals Medals for detailed rules and regulations.
The CHSA Finals Show Committee may, at its discretion, designate a lower minimum number of qualifying points for any given Year End Division.
Only active CHSA members and horses with a current 2013-2014 membership by July 27, 2014, are eligible to participate in the CHSA Finals. If an entry is declined based on the qualifying criteria, the exhibitor shall be notified in writing, and full refund of all fees paid, less a $100 administrative fee, will be made within 30 days of the completion of the CHSA Finals show.
Beginning August 1, 2013, points will begin to accrue towards 2014 CHSA Finals. These points will be carried over toward the 2014 CHSA Finals providing the horse/pony and rider rejoin CHSA with a 2014 membership by January 31, 2014.